Review of the Budget Based Funded (BBF) Program
Date published :
Return to the News
Source: DEEWR website > Early Childhood
The Hon Kate Ellis MP, Minister for Early Childhood and Child
Care, has announced a
review of the Budget Based Funded (BBF) Program to ensure the
needs of Australia's most vulnerable families are met, now and in
The purpose of the review is to ensure that the program
continues to achieve its policy goals, is well targeted to
contemporary needs, and delivers the very best quality Early
Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) services in urban, regional,
remote and Indigenous communities.
The review will consider a range of issues, including how the BBF
program can better:
- support improvements in service quality
- support access to ECEC services where the market would not
normally enable such services to exist
- respond to changes in community needs and circumstances over
- support increased participation, especially for vulnerable
- support better family and community engagement.
More information on the review is available on the BBF review page.